Reinstall Windows and outfit your system with all freeware programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
I recently clean installed Windows XP on my laptop, and this meant that I had to re-install all the essential software that I use. It also presented an opportunity to write a posting about how you can outfit your computer with all the essential (and non-essential) software you need using strictly 100% freeware and/or open source titles.This posting could have been titled any of the following:
  • How to never use a paid program again (aside from Windows).
  • 53 essential freeware programs that can take care of the majority of your computing needs.
I am writing this from the perspective of myself clean-installing Windows and re-installing all the software I find to be essential afterwards. This post took a long time to write, please Digg and/or Stumble it ;).

Pre-installation: before reformatting my [COLOR=blue! important][FONT='Lucida Grande', Verdana, Arial, Sans-Serif][COLOR=blue! important][FONT='Lucida Grande', Verdana, Arial, Sans-Serif]hard [/FONT][COLOR=blue! important][FONT='Lucida Grande', Verdana, Arial, Sans-Serif]drive[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR], I used the following programs:

Reinstall Windows and outfit your system with all freeware programs - www.Tech-Dump.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom