DriverSweeper Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

MindoverMaster

Golden Master
I don't see a tutorial around these parts for DriverSweeper. Here we go.

DriverSweeper. It does exactly that. It cleans up hidden drivers that an uninstall doesn't get rid of. This is used when you switch graphic cards, sound cards, anything hardware that you swap out. Also if the current driver isn't working correctly.

1) Download the latest version of Driver Sweeper and install it.

2) Uninstall the current software that holds the driver. Restart in safe mode. F8 before Windows splash screen. This allows for graphics, or any driver, to be released. Not in use. Safe mode uses default drivers.

driversweeper-250.jpg

3) Once in safe mode, run DriverSweeper. It is pretty straight forward. Delete any drivers in the list you need to. Written in plain text.

4) Some say to install new drivers in safe mode, some say to install them in regular Windows. I do it in regular Windows myself. Any way that floats your boat, install new drivers for that said card.

You have now fully gotten rid of those old drivers and installed the new! :)
If any restarts are required after this, please do.

(Anything that needs to be fixed, please say so. Mods may edit post.)

Is it just me or does Guru3D not offer this for download anymore nor offer support for it? I see nothing on their site since Oct but yet if you go to this site, they have a newer version. Glad I still have an old copy of Driver Cleaner Pro lying around.

Is it just me or does Guru3D not offer this for download anymore nor offer support for it? I see nothing on their site since Oct but yet if you go to this site, they have a newer version. Glad I still have an old copy of Driver Cleaner Pro lying around.

I updated the Driver Sweeper Download link and removed the reference to the Guru3D.

Well the reason I say this is due to this topic on Guru3D.

LINK temporary removed pending investigation.

Update- until further notice we will only host v2.1 as Marcel decided to add annoying ad-ware installers inside the Driver-Sweeper setup, which we are strongly against / oppose to.

So User Beware when it comes to using it from the new source. Guru3D stopped support for a specific reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom