Talking doorbell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

superdave1984

Repeat Offender
Well sort of. I have about 45 seconds of dialogue that I want to be able to be played at the press of a button. And each time it is pressed. A remote button like a doorbell. Or like one of those talking greeting cards. Programmable doorbells are about 80-100 bucks and I don't want to spend that much. It's inly going to be for the Christmas season so I don't think I can justify spending that much cash. Dunno if I could rig something with an MP3 player or something.

Yes you could. The idea behind it is really routing a "play" button as the doorbell button.
You could get a computer your not really using. Get winamp on it, grab a plugin that lets you make your own remote control via serial port. Make a button, wire it up to the outside. Then put the computer speaker where you want.

I actually did something very similar. I used a broadcast cart machine. Those things are perfect. The cart tape itself is in a loop and the machine drops cues on the tape so it automatically stops at the beginning of the recording. It works pretty nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom