How do I manually change fan speeds in the catalyst control centre?

Status
Not open for further replies.

calidar

Solid State Member
Hey, I have 2 ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870 graphics cards configured in crossfire. I was playing Crysis 2 earlier and getting 109 degrees centigrade, and idling at around 70 degrees. I've done a fair bit of research today but I can't find anything conclusive. My GPU fans seem to be stuck at 30% in the default settings. Is there anyway or any program that will allow me to manually change this?

Thanks.

Calidar

1. Open up Catalyst Control Center.
2. Navigate to "AMD Overdrive" This is usually a sub-category under "Gaming Performance".
3. Click on the picture of a pad lock to unlock AMD Overdrive settings.
4. Check the box "Manual Fan Control"
5. Drag the slider to your preferred fan speed.

Edit: Here is a picture
The red box is the lock that you need to click to unlock manual controls.
The blue box is the box you check to control manual fan speed.
Enable_Manual_Fan_Control.jpg

Right click image and select "View Image" for a larger image.

Yeah I'd read about that but my CCC doesn't have an overdrive part. It's completely up to date so I don't know why. Could it be something to do with my card model? I don't think I have a gaming performance section either. If I do I can't find it.

Thanks.

Calidar

Yeah I've already tried RivaTuner. Didn't work so im trying driversweeper now.

Calidar

Some cards you just can not control the fan, my Sapphire ATI 3850 is one of those cards, only RivaTuner can control it, and even then it has issues keeping it at the same speed.

Yeah i've been reading around alot and it turns out its nigh impossible to overclock/change fan speeds when the cards are in crossfire.

Thanks for the help anyway guys.

Calidar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom