Xbox 360 Repair Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhOsT1321

Daemon Poster
I received a disassembled xbox 360, and put it back together to find out two problems and another potential problem.
The DVD drive is not working. I put a game into it (one that I disliked :wink:) and it would not eject the game and made a grinding noise. I eventually got the system to try to play the game, but it said that the disc was unreadable. The disc is in perfect condition, not one scratch or smudge on it that I could see.
I cannot seem to get the game out and realize that I need a new DVD drive. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the game out of the DVD drive? Also, how should I go about buying another DVD drive?
Do I need the same model number?

Another issue with ejecting the disc is that there is no eject button, not on the face plate, or in the front of the xbox 360s case.I have read multiple guides on how to open a stuck tray, but this DVD drive doesn't seem to have any holes to move the gear or an eject switch/button.
I believe that this drive is a Lite On DVD drive and was manufactured 2009.

Another potential problem is that the xbox got quite hot without playing the game. I was at the dashboard for less than 5 minutes, I carried the xbox to a table and took it apart, only to feel that the x-clamps were burning hot. Is this normal? I realize that they likely heat up quickly and get pretty warm, but this was without any game playing.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

You need to get the same model drive as what's in your Xbox, and transfer only the logic board between the drives. That is the only "repair" you can do DVD Drive wise. The overheating could be caused from dust, or the fans not working properly. What type of Xbox 360 you have?

I am only linking to this page for informational purposes in repairing your Xbox 360, I have never ordered from this site, nor have they updated Xbox 360 repair info in awhile it seems.
Llamma's Adventures in Xbox 360

Every single Xbox 360 has the DVD ROM logic board locked to the motherboard, you haven't swapped entire drives unless you have some how, which no one still has, figured out how to bypass entirely. Every custom mod has to have that little key injected into it, which would be the only way to swap entire drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom