Xbox 360 connection problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

oot my chicken

Beta member
Hi there, I am in a current state of confusion. Firstly I shall tell you my set up.

I am one of 3 students in a house. Each of us have our own laptop and xbox. My xbox is connected (and used to work) by using a crossover cable from my laptop to the xbox, my laptop is runnings Windows 7 and is wirelessly connected to the Virgin Superhub, and I have connection sharing enabled which used to work just fine.

I have recently returned to the house and reconnected everything only to find I cannot connect to xbox live. I investigated this only to find that the LAN is not getting access to the network and therefore not to the internet. The assigned IP on my xbox is now 169.254.xxx.xxx which I have found to be assigned when the DHCP server does not respond and give the device an IP. My xbox is recognised by my laptop on the network.

When I try to connect the LAN appears as a public network which is unrecognised. This confuses me though, because I do not have much knowledge on how my networks work, as my friend suggests its nothing to do with the router but its because my laptop isn't assigning my xbox an IP.

So far I have switched off the windows firewall and that did nothing. I have tried using static IP addressing which also failed. I have switched the superhub on and off several times, and also reset the DHCP by logging into the superhub settings.

Another thing which confused me is that on my windows network map in the network and sharing center, and also on the superhubs settings, my xbox is assigned the IP address 192.168.0.6, and is also in a list of 'trusted devices'.

Any help would be much appreciated, and I am willing to provide further info if it means I can resolve this problem.
Thanks for reading.

Sounds like ICS isn't working.... From my experience, when doing ICS, you don't really use a DHCP server on the other end, as your ICS computer is a gateway...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom