Weird display issue, need help

qblake

Baseband Member
I recently bought a used Xbox 360 elite to play with my friends that dont have a gaming pc, and i have it hooked up using an HDMI to DVI cable that I bought on Amazon. Its hooked up using this connection to a 21.5 inch 1080p Acer monitor that i have been using for the past year with my computer. Everything displays fine except black, anything black on the screen flickers very fast, and it only happens at 1080p. This isnt really a problem currently because the main game i play is BF3 whick only runs at 720p, and most of the 1080p game i play dont have alot of black, but i'd still like some help fixing this. Thank you

Quincy

In the OSD (on-screen-display, the panel that shows up when you're changing settings like brightness) make sure the screen's response time is at the fastest setting (it might not have such a setting, but it might do).

There isn't an option for that, I'll list all the options:
Acer Ecolor management
Brightness
Contrast
Colour temp
OSD Timeout
Wide Mode
DDC/CI
ACM
Input
Reset

If I'm on VGA input there's an option for clock, but no option on DVI

You may want to check at what your Xbox 360 display settings are at! Have you downloaded the HD graphics bonus content for battlefield 3?
Steps for fixing Xbox 360 display;
1. Turn on xbox and log in
2. Go all the way to the right and click on the system settings
3. Than click on display and you should be able to adjust from 480 to 720 to 1080.

See if that does anything, if not you may want to check your monitor settings as stated above by other users.

Back
Top Bottom