Warhammer Online Age of Reckoning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonofjohn

Baseband Member
Has anyone even heard about this game. It may be one of the best mmo's out today, or at least one that does more than look pretty. I have yet to see a single post dedicated to this game. WAR is an Massive Multilplayer Online Role Playing Game. It is dedicated to Player vs Player combat. The game focuses little on the Player vs Enemy aspect of the game. Anyone here who has played Dark age of Camelot, should have at least tried WAR. The game had made a turn for the better, since release. Everyone knows MMO's are best at least 6 months after release and it appears WAR is following the trend.

Mythic is one of the only developers that adds content to a game, without requiring an expansion pack. They are adding new classes, PvP scenarios, quests, items, and are constantly improving the gameplay. Mythic actually put time and effort into the release of WAR, something many company's (Blizzard) cannot seem to do. Every character has more individuality than a different hairstyle or color of skin. One of the most impressive things about Warhammer is the art that goes with it. The game actually is role Playable if desired.

The only real problem with WAR is the demanding engine it runs on. The game cannot run in a resolution lower than 1024x768. It also is one of the few games I have seen running better with direct x10 than x9. The requirements for the game are a tad steep for many, but with the constant increase in performance from today's hardware, WAR is insuring a long lasting life.

I encourage anyone who can run this game and likes the PvP aspect of MMO's to at the least give it a try. The game is the best MMO I have experienced so far.

How can you give it a try if they have no free trial? $50 is a lot just to try a game. I paid for $40 only for wow to be a flop for me, and I don't think I'm likely to do that again, especially when I haven't had friends repeatedly telling me to buy it for two years.

The graphics on that game hardly look better than wow. How come it has high system reqs? I play lotro, and having come out 2 years ago this April, it still has better graphics. No mmo's really have that pretty graphics, so I don't know what you are talking about.

I will hand it to you though man, that game does have a pretty enticing trailer. The elves are badass and girls, as they should be. I'm pretty much an elf fanboy where these things are concerned so I really enjoyed that trailer. I really like the witchy-looking elf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom