Video Editing Help

ManicX97

Beta member
Hi,

I am doing a bit of editing for a project and I have a desired effect that I want to create but I am not sure how. Basically, part of the video I have recorded was across Skype and it is the audio that I am interested in. After hours of trying to find a video that matches the effect I want, I stumbled across this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RFPVIe0awk

Whoever edited this video together has done exactly what I want to do. The smiling faces that are each individually synchronized to five different voices. Does anyone know how I can duplicate this effect - if it's simpler an exact copy of what they did would more than suffice (using smiley faces is fine). I would really appreciate anyone who might know how do this!

Not sure why but the rest of what I was saying was removed after the video. So I'll repeat it here. In the video posted above the editor manages to sync five different people's voices to their own separate smiley face despite them all talking simulatenously. I would like to replicate or even duplicate this effect but have no idea how. Any help would be much appreciated!!

They're using an audio condition to trigger a video effect. The faces you see moving are just moving on a condition based on volume from a specified audio channel.

Most likely used Adobe After Effects to achieve it. Heres a tutorial on how to map effects between audio channels to the video channel.

VIDEO COPILOT | After Effects Tutorials, Plug-ins and Stock Footage for Post Production Professionals

In this video he's creating a physics animation effect based on the audio; what you're wanting to do was likely made with a mask over the mouth of the faces and a pan downward on that mask upon the audio effect which gives the appearance that the mouths are opening as that audio channel has voice.

Last edited:
Thanks that video was quite helpful. So just to clarify, you think that the image (the smiley face) is just a single image that moves from specifically selected audio (as in would the audio for each person have been separate files or is it achievable from one audio file)? Cheers!!!

Thanks that video was quite helpful. So just to clarify, you think that the image (the smiley face) is just a single image that moves from specifically selected audio (as in would the audio for each person have been separate files or is it achievable from one audio file)? Cheers!!!

Yea... Rather simple use of a complicated mechanic but it worked quite well for your video example. It was nice being able to see which one was talking.

Back
Top Bottom