VBA Authenticate users before code executes

1etherer

Fully Optimized
Ok this may sound mad or simply impossible..

I am thinking of a way to execute a VBA code in a word doc, that will push the data to an excel sheet and show which AD users creds was used to execute the VBA.

We have a asset sheet which we have to fill in by hand, then get the user who is taking the assest to sign the sheet, then we fill in a excel sheet to keep a log of assets..

SO I was thinking, this is long! I want to make a word doc, restrict it to only allow fill in forms, then once its filled in, you click a command button, this will prompt the user to enter AD creds then the VBA code will excute and send the data to the excel sheet.

If this is even possible I can try work out the coding myself, but before I may waste my time I just want to know first...

Unless someone can help me with the code :cool:

If you wanted, you could do it easier through something like a simple Google Forms setup. I've done this for my wife and I so we could input things into a simple form and it'd send it to a Google spreadsheet.

But if you wanted local solution...you could look into InfoPath, as it's an actual form designer with submit behavior and can export the data more easily.
https://support.office.com/en-gb/ar...to-Excel-7539dee7-9268-4f2e-9361-802138bc9685

Either way...would definitely suggest using a more correct tool for the job rather than a macro in Word that exports to Excel.

If you wanted, you could do it easier through something like a simple Google Forms setup. I've done this for my wife and I so we could input things into a simple form and it'd send it to a Google spreadsheet.

But if you wanted local solution...you could look into InfoPath, as it's an actual form designer with submit behavior and can export the data more easily.
https://support.office.com/en-gb/ar...to-Excel-7539dee7-9268-4f2e-9361-802138bc9685

Either way...would definitely suggest using a more correct tool for the job rather than a macro in Word that exports to Excel.

Cheers, I spoke to the processes officer and they said that they will be implementing a asset scanner with bespoke software to track it all, this will be in next 6 months so guess I can pass on this. I may still do this as a project just to see how it works out.

see you

Back
Top Bottom