Should i play an MMO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeon117

Beta member
So, I have been wondering whether or not to play an MMO. I have never played an MMO ever before, but I have friends that are addicted to them. The curiosity caught my mind, how are these games so addicting? I've looked at different ones like WoW, Aion, EVE, etc. and the concepts looks pretty cool, but i don't know what's in store for me gameplaywise. I've tried some trials, but the whole questing/grinding felt repetitive. My friend says that i won't really get into it until i've played it long enough to reach the fun stuff. So, what is in an MMO that makes it really fun?

If you don't value your social life and long walks in the sun, MMORPGs are great!!!!!!

Srsly, if the whole questing and grinding thing thing being repetitive. Some are more repetitive than others. Like there is alway the following types of quests
1. Go harvest X number of Item Y in a area filled with monsters.
2. Go kill X number Y-monster.
3. Get a party together kill Ubar Y-monster.
4. Go deliver item Item-X to this person-Y who happens to be in an area filled with Z-Number of monster.

About the only thing that I really find entertaining about a MMORPG is the the escapism value. When I was younger I was rather fond of Pen'N'Paper Role Play Games. And while playing those games, I am not some instead of being some every day mundane person, I am some one else. Problem is that over the years, the group that I was playing with found themselves with less time around the dinner table rolling dice on a Saturday night. So this is where MMORPGs are good substitute. Good thing is that instead of waiting for the my Hero At The Dinner Table Fix on a Saturday night, all I need to do is turn on a computer and there it is.
No more trying to find friends at a convent time to play the game.
No more rule lawyers arguments too.
And if some one what to complain about how their in-real-life-life sux, there is always the /block or /ignore commands.

When I play MMORPGs, I do it for the ROLE PLAY aspect. The problem is that a lot of people seem to forget about the RP in MMORPG. And i find it's better than a standalone RPG game as I have options with I want to do as appose to set path that most other standalone RPGs seem to offer.

The other thing that I find fun about a MMORPG is finding a good group of friends to play with. Like if you friends already have an account of WoW, then see if you can convince them to roll up a new character to it can help you level up quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom