SAP Performance issue

KSCLTU

Beta member
Dear all,

I have one issue which I would like to discuss. I work for one corporation where we use Juniper SSL VPN solution, which works quite good, without any general issues.
But still have one issue with SAP, we use SAP Gui which connects over the tunnel where we have allowed not whole network in our company, but only for SAP GUI (IPs and Ports).
We have third party users from foreign company. Lets pretend that we have three users using SAP Gui at the same time and this users have different performance results. One is suffering a huge performance dropdown, other one is suffering only a small one and one of them doesn't experience this performance dropdown at all. I assume that this is not a network or bandwith issue as all of them have different results and they all sit in one office. All of this users have the same access (only SAP gui over the IPsec VPN). There is only this one access allowed, no other traffic can go through expect this one.

Is it possible that SAP is using some kind of prioritization on the application Layer which can affect this performance?
Please, if you have any questions related to the troubleshooting, ill be glad to provide answers.
Thank you very much

Easy enough to test - while both are on the VPN test the connection speeds. Also run trace routes on both (or all) vpn PC's to see where the latency lies.

Back
Top Bottom