Random booting from games

Status
Not open for further replies.

StaroceanZero

Beta member
Hi guys, not much of a techie but I was hoping I could get some help.

I play a fair bit of Halo Reach on Xbox 360 but I noticed in the past month that I've been randomly booted from games. I never teamkill or quit, so it can't be that. The timing of the booting also varies: sometimes it's every 10-15 minutes, sometimes it's once a day. Oddly enough, I stay connected to Xbox Live when it happens, it just boots me from the current match.

I called my cable/internet provider and they say there's no problem on their end or mine. I unplugged my cords, tried two different DSL cords and cleaned everything as best I could but it's still not helping.

Any ideas on what I should do?

Are you port forwarding your 360 in the router? If not, do so and see if it keeps happening.

I cant even finish matches on Fifa 12 at the moment, and i have 2 internet supplies in my house and neither can stay connected to EA servers. Nice to know that Gamestation are refusing to sell there games now. Hopefully they will do something to sort there awful servers out.

Nice to know that Gamestation are refusing to sell there games now.
They're not refusing to sell EA's games, they just couldn't afford to (they lost their credit rating and so couldn't borrow any money). EA is the one that refused to sell them. Plus, the only reason GAME/station even had any PS Vitas to sell was that Sony loaned them.
Btw if you have any GAME/Gamestation points I really suggest you use them as soon as possible, it's quite probable they won't be around a few months from now.

Yami:1968782 said:
Are you port forwarding your 360 in the router? If not, do so and see if it keeps happening.

+1, I had the same problem and this worked perfectly for me. I started here if this helps. http://support.xbox.com:80/en-US/xbox-live/connecting/network-ports-used-xbox-live

I actually don't have a router. I just have a modem. It's been working fine for years, but this just happened recently. I bought a new ethernet cable but that didn't help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom