Questions about a Web Designer

king_23

Baseband Member
Hello,

I have a 2 year degree in information technology. I want to get into web design. Is it easy to find freelance work doing this? Or what type of job related to web design would allow me to do this?

Also, I was thinking about becoming a Certified Web Developer. I found a website that offers courses. Here is a link to the course I want to take.

https://www.udemy.com/become-a-certified-web-developer/

Let me know your input. I don't know much about web development. Is it a good field to get into?

Web design and web development are related but different. Web design is more of the visual design of the website, or the "front end"...what the end user sees. Web development is more of the functionality of the web site, or the "back end", things that work behind the scenes that power the things that the end user interacts with.

I am currently taking a Udemy course, "Become a web developer from scratch." It is a pretty broad course, starting all the way from basic html up through a few programming languages. I don't expect it to give me an in-depth education, but to introduce me to all topics so I can delve into more detailed tutorials and web resources on my own starting with just a basic understanding of most topics.

Web design seems to be a pretty saturated market at the moment, but job searches turn up many open positions for people who have experience with programming languages like AJAX, PYTHON, MySQL, PHP, etc. Web development is also a growing field, according to the US BLS: Web Developers

It also appears to be one of those rare occupations in IT that doesn't absolutely require a degree, as long as you can demonstrate your ability to perform what the job requires.

Back
Top Bottom