Multi-Boxing WoW

Status
Not open for further replies.

zandre88

In Runtime
Hey everyone,

So the game I play most right now is World of Warcraft. Currently, I primarily play on the desktop listed first in my signature. I have two WoW accounts and occasionally will get on both at the same time like many people do when they have multiple accounts.

However, when I do this the game lags a fair amount and is quite choppy. My internet connection is not a problem, at least I don't believe it is, because I'm on a 30Mbps/3Mbps up connection. The second fastest speed (50Mbps/5Mbps being the fastest) I can get from Crime Warner who is unfortunately my only good option right now unless I wanted to use DSL.

Anyways, I just don't feel like the game should be lagging out like it is since I have the pair of HD5970s and the i7 950. I know that WoW relies much more on the processor than the GPU because of its age but other than the Sandy Bridges & Extremes that CPU is still plenty powerful.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I do have another set of the current RAM I have installed that I haven't put in yet that would push it to 12GB if anyone thinks that would make a difference.

I'm extremely tired writing this so I'll probably end up adding something else to this tomorrow but any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

You really shouldn't see any issues, I've multiboxed on my macbook pro, and even an older AM2 4000x2 system with no issues. Put the settings on super low and see if that helps.

Depending on how you want to play, you'll also need to be careful. I used to do this and so did my dad and it was great until blizzard decides to ban us for some of the macros we used.

theres a fine line between dual boxing and botting in their eyes. They even went so far as to try and disable dual sessions on one PC once, you had to go straight through to the EXE which wasnt exactly a difficult work around.

ermmmm honestly, my PC is worse than yours and i can totally dual quite easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom