MPAA Says Making "One Copy" of a DVD is Illegal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if the MPAA thinks it is illegal then maybe they should try to sue the entire population of the planet and see how well that goes over.

They also say that any room with a TV, a set number of seats or couch, and a video playback device (read dvd player) constitutes a "home theater" and must be registered with the MPAA with a $50 licensing fee. Anyone who doesn't abide can be subject to a $50k fine. Again, watch em try.

This is just another instance of the MPAA trying to scare everyone to no effect. Sooner or later the media big wigs will either go under form loss of funds or will wise up and change their habits. The digital revolution is a force of nature and nothing, including a bunch of greedy businessmen sitting around a table, can stop it.

EDIT:
oh yeah!
http://cristgaming.com/pirate.swf

They also say that any room with a TV, a set number of seats or couch, and a video playback device (read dvd player) constitutes a "home theater" and must be registered with the MPAA with a $50 licensing fee. Anyone who doesn't abide can be subject to a $50k fine. Again, watch em try.
Forgot about that, that policy is just a ****ing joke. Isn't this America? Seriously, if I want to have a big TV and a few couches to watch TV and movies in I should be able to do it without the MPAA breathing down my neck about it and the federal government saying it's okay.

Forgot about that, that policy is just a ****ing joke. Isn't this America? Seriously, if I want to have a big TV and a few couches to watch TV and movies in I should be able to do it without the MPAA breathing down my neck about it and the federal government saying it's okay.

In America corporate interests have a lot of power in the government. The DMCA was written by and pushed by the entertainment industry.

Another interesting things is how most of the time the artists don't support the actions taken by the RIAA and MPAA on their behalf for stolen works. One thing I think needs to be changed about copyright law in the US is who has ultimate control over a work and how ti is transferred. I don't think the rights to a song or book or anything can be "bought". It's the creators work and always has been. If a writer gets a book published but the publisher sits on it the writer should be allowed to take it elsewhere. It is his book. Likewise if an artist music is being pirated then the it is the artist ultimate responsibility and say on how it should be dealt with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom