Great Networking trick for Norton AV - MUST READ IF YOU OWN A LARGE NETWORK-TIMESAVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

wead

Baseband Member
I work for a company that has about 30 or so computers networked. On each computer we have Norton AV on all the machines and some of the servers. I work mainly out of the server room and I am a lazy guy so I do not like running around when a virus outbreak happens to go and repair all the computers. I am also not a big fan of spending lots and lots of money on server based programs to scan computers. Normally Norton AV only lets you schedule scans for drives on the local computer... I found a way using regular norton AV to scan every computer on the network without buying expensive software. Save your company up to 1k yearly and save yourself lots of time. Here is how to do it :
1. Choose a server on the network you know is secure.
2. Go on each computer on the network and right click C and goto sharing. Share as C$ or whatever with a $ and set it so only the admin can access it anyway. This makes it invisible unless you know the exact share.
3. Go on the server you chose and goto my computer. Then TOOLS->map network drive.
4. Enter in all the different network paths to the C$ shares.
5. Go in Norton and now you can schedule scans on all the computers.

Its that easy man. I just had to tell some people who would appreciate this.
If you refer to this topic please give me credit : pit.of.darkness@gmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom