Few questions about my iPhone 5S

I also have a 5S. To be honest, based on the upcoming iOS 8 update I wouldn't recommend jailbreaking. I jailbroke my old iPhone 4 and it was never the same after that. It aged much faster than it should have (which I'm assuming is due to pushing the processor past what it's capable of doing). Sure, you get some nice features and free software, but as a result you are locked on the one OS as well as being in the dodgy third-party territory.

In the pre-iOS 4 days I would say yes: jailbreak and get the features you should have had in the first place.

Now? I would say no. Enjoy your 5S and iOS 8 for now and if you're still unhappy try a jaibreak I guess.

Being an Apple guy I wouldn't suggest Jailbreaking your phone. Older models got some benefit from it but with the improving iOS updates I really don't see much point in it.

iOS8 will be out later this year and from what I have seen of it, it looks fantastic. Lots of good stuff planned and is going to be fantastic for developers.

Just out of interest, what specifically were you looking to get out of jawbreaking your 5S?

Back
Top Bottom