Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black Prophecy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeon117

Beta member
These three mmo games caught my interest mainly because they are sci-fi themed. Sometime in the future, i want to try to get into one of these games, but, seeing the features of each one, i still don't know enough to judge which one would be better for me to play. Let me hear your thoughts about these games.

I have played EVE Online a few times. One thing I do like about EVE is the skill system is time based. So you can have a social life while leveling up. Bad side of it is that the few hours to level up does quickly turn into days, then weeks.
The other thing with EVE Online is Death is NASTY. As soon as you level up on a new skill, buy a clone. If you happen to die, your character gets restored back to your original clone.
As for your spaceship, by insurance on it.
Server shut down time is the same time every night. Depending on your times zone, this may or may not work out for you. (It does not suit me in when Day Light Saving is over)

EVE Online does have a 10 day trial account. However it does have a steep learning curve. The community on EVE are very helpful provided that you don't ask really stupid questions that are covered in the Tutorial. Example would be "How do I pilot my ship?" while get you hit with a lot of replies saying "Sit through the tutorial!!"

Since EVE does have a free account, why not give it a shot?

As for the other 2 games. I have noticed that they are still in Beta. And in the case of Black Prophecy, it's free to play too. I am interested in have a look at these other 2 games.

Hmm... i tried posting a reply but it didn't show up. Anyways...

Thank you for your input. I actually tried EVEs trial just a few days ago. I went through the beginning tutorial and the combat tutorial and now i'm going through the industry tutorial. I have yet to see the amazing fleet wars i've seen on youtube, but it does seem like a lot of fun. Another interesting thing about eve is how the universe flows with business, exploration, research, industry, leadership, corporations. It seems well put together in that aspect.

As for the other games, they seem to be more combat oriented because of their flight-simulator styled combat as opposed to EVEs point-and-click system. However, i'm not sure if the more casual aspects, such as business and industry, are going to be as well made as EVEs. It is interesting though, and if Black Prophecy is going to be free then it is definitely worth checking out.

And by the way, since I am new to EVE, is there anything you can tell me about how to get started? i'm actually looking forward to the more exciting parts of EVE like Corp Wars and pirating/pirate hunting things. Is there a way to get a jumpstart to all of those things? And what else is waiting for me as i delve into this game? These are all factors to which i'll decide whether or not to spend money on it.

As for the other games, they seem to be more combat oriented because of their flight-simulator styled combat as opposed to EVEs point-and-click system. However, i'm not sure if the more casual aspects, such as business and industry, are going to be as well made as EVEs. It is interesting though, and if Black Prophecy is going to be free then it is definitely worth checking out.

If people are looking for a simulator type space combat game, then EVE not that type of game.
EVE plays like you are commanding a spaceship. If you are looking for a game that is more like a spaceflight simulator, then they might want to look at ACE Online (aka SpaceCowboy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom