Dual Layer worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
blackx said:
Yes they do run in normal DVD players.

In fact, the DVD's you watch in the normal living room DVD player are Dual-Layered. That's why in some films you will see a slight pause at a point during playback. This is the player switching layers on the disc.

My advice is, if you're going to buy a DVD burner, you'd be crazy not to go with the dual-layered DVD burner. The extra storage, and in the case of myself, creating animations on my PC and then playing them on the DVD player on the TV is a huge advantage!

Cheers!

I agree with that... Three Cheers dude.

Koldapu, don't fret too much about scratches on a DVD. Yes scratches can harm your DVD, but the coating layer on DVDs and CDs are designed to be resilient. Not doesn't mean you should start banging your DVD disks or handle them carelessly, but as long as you practice good measures like handling them around the edges and avoiding direct sunlight & exposure to high heat, they will be fine.

I think they are definately worth it. A DVD holding 2 hours actually isn't that much...you can fit more on a VHS tape. That's why I'm excited about the huge storage blue ray disks.
Too bad i already had single layer DVD burners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom