cpu spikes to 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunarstar

Beta member
The folks at Blizzard were not much help...ill post what i had in their forums and hopefully come to a resolve here...

Since the 4.0 patch i have had issues with my CPU at 100% and my hard drive running wild...during a fight i get kicked to my destop or the lag is severe. Does not always happen, spuratic in occurance.

Windows Vista Home premium 6.0
AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual core Processor TK 55 @ 1.86 Ghz
3078 gb Ram
direct x 10
ATI Radeon x1200 series
1280x800 32 bit @ 60 hz
(this system ran just fine before)

On my end...
Uninstalled Kaspersky (could not get the patch otherwise) even after allowing "all in group"
installed Microsoft Security Essentials
Reinstalled WOW
...at this point i was able to update my files and play...but with lag and CPU spikes to 100% even just standing in unpopulated areas.
Ensured that my browser was not using a Proxy Server
Ran full Scan for Viruses etc.
Defragged Drive
Selected non-indexing to that drive
Ran Drivers update to check for updates...OK

Below i wil list the things i have tried as suggested in the Forums i have read on the topic...
tried /console maxfpsk 0
tried lower res 800x600
Graphics are set to lowest as are all the othr options
v-sync unchanged (not sure what that does anyway)

Today...
scanned for viruses and updates
Removed WTF WDB and the interface folders
Ran Repair...displayed "wow has been sucessfully repaired"
Used Launcher from my wow folder...updated non critical files...Wow is up to date...
Started without any Add Ons installed in my Interface Folder (use to run just fine with Auctioneer Carbonite Gatherer and Bartender...hmm

Within a minute I experienced the same Problem CPU spike 383,789 k used and Hard drive fans kick in...only System files running...

Two things...
I want to use Kaspersky as my Anti Virus
I want to use at least Carbonite (using latest update for initial tests 4.06), and of course Bartender.

I have read other threads, (tried other things not listed above, just forget what...lol) some just say re-install, but i have done that took forever with no change, todays attempted test has no add-ons running. The Game worked just fine with the Hardware i have before 4.0

So long story short...What is the fix?

they responde by asking me to Clean my vents...actually the computer has just came back from the shop after cleaning and everything runs well...cept for WoW

They also said to ensure that my Processor is set to min max 100%...k tried to access that thru my BIOS...but seems to be locked only the video memory seems to be changable...is it possible to change my Processor Management?

System memory 640kb
Extended memory 3838
Video memory 256

...any ideas...as listed above ive been trying all suggestion i find...AND IT USED TO WORK TILL THE DAM PATCH...are they just passing the buck?

THx
The Lunar Shadows

I have quite alot of friends that play WOW and they had this problem aswell.

Done a disk cleanup/Disk Defragmenter?

Theres also a program I use called Gamebooster, which is free. It removes any processes/unneccesary programs WHILE your gaming, And then adds them back when your done. Very useful. Google it. You can check the processor management in Power options I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom