Status
Not open for further replies.

office politics

It's all just 1s and 0s
link:
The 10 biggest perks of working in IT | TechRepublic

By Brien Posey
December 22, 2011, 11:33 AM PST

Takeaway: IT jobs usually entail a lot of stress and frustration. But if you're lucky, they can also provide enough enjoyment to make it all worthwhile.

Regardless of what you do for a living, it's easy to focus on the negatives of the job and let those things bring you down. However, most jobs have certain perks, and IT is no exception. This article discusses some of the benefits I've experienced over the years as a result of working in IT.

my fav, number 8, the TOYS!!!! Yay!

One con i find is that, once someone knows that you do IT, they immediatly think of you whenever they have a problem.
and always beware the conversation that starts "do you know anything about...."

One example i can think of is my driving instructor. I'm trying to keep a car steady at 50 after a few lessons and hes asking me about compatability for a video on a MAC.

When you start in IT its always a joy to help people, but when you become essentially the go-to ***** for everything they need then the odd thank you doesnt quite cut it

One con i find is that, once someone knows that you do IT, they immediatly think of you whenever they have a problem.

One example i can think of is my driving instructor. I'm trying to keep a car steady at 50 after a few lessons and hes asking me about compatability for a video on a MAC.

When you start in IT its always a joy to help people, but when you become essentially the go-to ***** for everything they need then the odd thank you doesnt quite cut it

My personal favorite "I just have a quick computer question" I feel like saying you don't see me asking the mechanic I have a little car question or the plumber, carpenter exc LMAO

I like people "I am good with a computer" as you find out they installed word on there own once and can check there e-mail.

I know this all to well and I don't even work in IT. Just because I was the only one doing a Computer related subject in my dorm at University, they all referred to me when something broke, or if they didn't know what something meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom