Potentially the longest thread in history...

Lag, really? I have it set to show the maximum number of posts per page (and would love it be higher, hint-hint Admins?) and it's fine. On 250KB/s internet.

Re: Today I have...

I have to say for older systems you have to expect them not to make a driver for anything higher than XP, especially 64bit. Not exactly an Intel fault really. Even though with some Google you probably could have got the driver rather easily.

This is a Gigabit Nic for a rather recent system running Win7 64bit, i3-530, 4GB DDR3 1333. The Nic is ONLY 1 year old. Intel REFUSES to list the driver on the website as it's, "available on the cd that came with the nic, and via Win7 Automated install".

Looking at the list, they have nearly 300 cards total, that don't use generic drivers, and that don't use a common driver, that they do not list downloads for. So GG Intel!

Thought the pro-1000-whatever-it-is driver usually works pretty well across all intel gigabit nics? Has for me anyway

There are a a lot of Intel Pro 1000's, mine was one of the ones that apparently had a "special" driver. Either way, it's working now, finally, after using one those stupid driver finding programs. I also found a download from HP that contains every stand-alone Intel NIC driver from 2005 and up, big download, but might be worth it.

It's conclusive, Mac users are better paid, more successfully, and more classy than PC users ! :grin:

The WSJ goes on to note that the average household income for adult owners of Macs is $98,560, according to Forrester Research, versus $74,452 for a PC owner. The paper also says that some high-end hotels see bookings from Mac users hugely out of proportion with their user share on Orbitz.

200px-Trollface.svg.png

There are a a lot of Intel Pro 1000's, mine was one of the ones that apparently had a "special" driver. Either way, it's working now, finally, after using one those stupid driver finding programs. I also found a download from HP that contains every stand-alone Intel NIC driver from 2005 and up, big download, but might be worth it.
I have something like that for AMD actually.

Back
Top Bottom