What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

Lucky. What was wrong with your PC?
For some reason the 480s didn't like being WC'd. Reseated the blocks on both 3 times (and drained/filled the loop 3 times >.>), everything would power up and temps would be *awesome*, but maybe an hour or so into watching a movie or playing a game, the screen would go black. I'd still hear everything playing through the speakers, but black screen. If I pressed anything the sound would then stop and/or glitch too. I'd have to leave the PC unplugged for a while before I'd be able to turn it back on and get the screen up.
Seems to me it has to be a temp issue, and it's definitely with the 480s because it's fine without them. All temp readouts were fine though, and felt cool to touch wherever I checked *shrugs*

For some reason the 480s didn't like being WC'd. Reseated the blocks on both 3 times (and drained/filled the loop 3 times >.>), everything would power up and temps would be *awesome*, but maybe an hour or so into watching a movie or playing a game, the screen would go black. I'd still hear everything playing through the speakers, but black screen. If I pressed anything the sound would then stop and/or glitch too. I'd have to leave the PC unplugged for a while before I'd be able to turn it back on and get the screen up. Seems to me it has to be a temp issue, and it's definitely with the 480s because it's fine without them. *shrugs*
I had the same problem with water and one of my 280s. Out of 3 only one did this.

The game has on occasion taken 5 minutes for me to be in the game after clicking join server. It's ridiculous. Their loading system is absolute ********. There are games of equal size that load quicker and better than BF3.

In any case I'm not fussed, gives me an excuse to buy a couple 690s XD or maybe just one...

BF3 has got to be the biggest increase in performance that I've seen from adding an SSD then, so happy!

The game has on occasion taken 5 minutes for me to be in the game after clicking join server. It's ridiculous. Their loading system is absolute ********. There are games of equal size that load quicker and better than BF3.
I have clicked on join server before, waited so long I got up to take a ****, and came back to the SP screen up.

Battlelog is a pile of **** and needs to be killd by fire.

This. There is simply a huge difference between an SSD and a HDD on BF3.

Yep. I moved BF3 from my SSD to a mechanical drive... ouch. I went from being one of the first in a map to being just one of the pack. If/when i get a larger SSD I will move it back, or if I have a wild hair and feel like a two hour download (as I moved Office 2010 to a mechanical as well to have extra room).

Yep. I moved BF3 from my SSD to a mechanical drive... ouch. I went from being one of the first in a map to being just one of the pack. If/when i get a larger SSD I will move it back, or if I have a wild hair and feel like a two hour download (as I moved Office 2010 to a mechanical as well to have extra room).
I move my game back and forth between my server all the time. Any new updates I over write the files on the server and when I format copy it over then install Origin.

I have clicked on join server before, waited so long I got up to take a ****, and came back to the SP screen up.

Battlelog is a pile of **** and needs to be killd by fire.

I actually like Battlelog, I think it works well most of the time. Just the actual joining games bit is buggy and slow.

Nice, good to see they are finally putting PLS panels in more monitors, the ones in the Galaxy Tab's were pretty impressive.

Back
Top Bottom