Logitech X540 transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

walkinman86

Baseband Member
I had a beautiful set of X540 speakers that weredrowned during hurricane/tropical storm/ whatever the F..., Irene. I've taken them apart and found that the integral transformer is what died, and if replaced, new life can be breathed into my speakers.
The question is, where can I find one. Logitech says they don't sell them, (even though they're still using them in their current product line), Tiger direct and newegg are also no gos.
The transformer is a 120 VAC in to a 14.6VDC out, at 2.4A. It was manufactured by China Eastern Frontiers of Hong Kong. Thus far, I haven't been able to get an e-mail response fron the company.
Anyone got a better e-mail address for the manufacturer, the importer, or a 2nd source for a transformer of this description?

Hi everyone. I'm the guy that had his logitech X540 system drowned in hurricane Irene. As a result of the unfortunate fact that my speakers never learned to swim, the transformer shorted out, which of course means no power. I tried logitech, and while they were sypathetic, they informed me that they could, (or WOULD ), not supply a replacement transformer. Next I tried e-mailing " CHINA EASTERN FRONTIERS LTD", ( the manufacturers of the transformer), of Hong Kong.... they would not respond.
Now here's the fix, and it works beautifully; (I'm listening to them right now). Call or go to Digi-key. thats Electronic Components Distributor | DigiKey Corp. | US Home Page, or 1-800-344-4539, and purchase power source part number 102-1332-ND. You'll also need to buy the connecters and contact, ( about 2 bucks). the transformer is rated at 120 VAC input and 15 VDC @ 3A output. The installation requires you to drill 4 small holes somewhere in the speaker cabinet to secure the power source. when you install the unit be sure to locate it somewhere that you'll be able to access the connecters and also provide for air circulation.
Once installed, your speakers will function as good as new; perhaps just a tad louder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom