Minecraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
^My largest world is 74mb lmfao. There is a limit, it is massive tho. last time i talked to notch i brought that up and he said it would be the equivalent to three earths. Its farrrrrr more then 3 million blocks,

"First of all, let me clarify some things about the “infinite” maps: They're not infinite, but there's no hard limit either. It'll just get buggier and buggier the further out you are. Terrain is generated, saved and loaded, and (kind of) rendered in chunks of 16*16*128 blocks. These chunks have an offset value that is a 32 bit integer roughly in the range negative two billion to positive two billion. If you go outside that range (about 25% of the distance from where you are now to the sun), loading and saving chunks will start overwriting old chunks. At a 16/th of that distance, things that use integers for block positions, such as using items and pathfinding, will start overflowing and acting weird."
Read the rest of the story here...

The Word of Notch "Terrain generation, Part 1"

"First of all, let me clarify some things about the “infinite” maps: They're not infinite, but there's no hard limit either. It'll just get buggier and buggier the further out you are. Terrain is generated, saved and loaded, and (kind of) rendered in chunks of 16*16*128 blocks. These chunks have an offset value that is a 32 bit integer roughly in the range negative two billion to positive two billion. If you go outside that range (about 25% of the distance from where you are now to the sun), loading and saving chunks will start overwriting old chunks. At a 16/th of that distance, things that use integers for block positions, such as using items and pathfinding, will start overflowing and acting weird."
Read the rest of the story here...

i have read it. Notch said however the game would not run after what i said before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom