An iPod Arrives, With A Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
A word of caution for those of you thinking about buying recertified iPods. Some companies use a third party company to recertify the devices instead of Apple. This has lead to incidents like this where the owner finds a nasty virus on the “recertified” iPod.

The iPod came in just a couple of days--but as soon as I unwrapped it and connected it to my Mac at home I got an ominous alert from my usually quiet antivirus software. The iPod, it informed me, contained some virus known as AdobeR.exe.

[H]ard|OCP - www.hardocp.com

Kinda like the iPod that was returned to Wal-Mart and resold with pr0n on it. That was another classic. But sadly was only a local thing...

Sorry I just found this.

There is a element of risk by buying any storage device 2nd hand, especially when buying of places like ebay or craigslist. But when you buy it from a company that has a good reputation you should receive a good standard of service on the device. That being said if it's a one off I can understand, but companies should always scan the device before it leaves there care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom