Word 2010 not printing

ANRQAngel

Solid State Member
Ok, I have searched this forum, but couldn't find anything on this topic.

I have a client who's MS Word doesn't want to print, it keeps giving the error "Word cannot print, there is no printer installed." I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer drivers, and it prints fine when logged in as admin.
The printer is installed, it even shows up in Word. I've tried everything, short of reloading his laptop. His Laptop runs Win 7 x64 Enterprise with MS Office 2010 Standard. Can anyone help me?

Yes, I have, even though I didn't think it was Office itself, since it prints fine from a different user account

I have tried these to no avail

If it works fine in another user account, then it's possibly a corrupted user profile.

Create a new temp profile for user (or just backup all the files [docs, favorites, pics, etc.] under their user profile), and then see if printing works fine there. If it does, then (after backing up files), delete the old account and the temp account and then (assuming this is a domain environment), have them log back in and let it create their profile for them again. See if printing works now or not. If it does, just copy their data to the new profile.

Back
Top Bottom