Windows Cannot Install on this Hardware Error and a few more.

Jdvorsky

Beta member
Hi there not sure what section to post in but since my problem is mostly with windows I will post it here. I will run through my problem step by step and go over what I've done so far. Thanks in advance for any and all help!

My problem started when my computer popped up a message saying "Hard drive failure imminent, please back up all files"

Computer is an HP Pavilion desktop I bought about 5 years ago.

I am currently using Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

I looked it up online and came to the conclusion that I just needed a new hard drive. (original HDD is a Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB that came with computer) So I went out and got a WD Blue 1TB to replace it.

I swapped the HDD's myself, and used my recovery disks to install windows on my new HDD. This is where problem number 2 came along. I got a message that said windows could not install on this Hardware.

Again I looked it up online and found out how to by pass this message and force it to let me make a user account and log into windows. This is where my major problem came along.

The first thing I did was try and do windows updates. But I got a message saying that this service was not available at this time and that I would need to restart my computer. After doing this a few times and having it still not work I looked up how to fix this online. After trying multiple things myself (sfc Scans, and forcing windows to update) I found out that there were corrupt files that my computer could not fix.

I called Microsoft and had the technician remotely access my computer. After about an hour of working with him he told me that the only way to fix it would be a clean/fresh install of windows or to use a Windows 7 disk of the same version to repair the corrupt files.

I obtained the disc that I needed and proceeded to try and repair the files on my computer, which turned into me trying to re-install windows on my computer where I once again got the message (after hours of installation) that windows could not install on this hardware.

So now the question I need to know is how and why isn't windows installing on my computer? The only thing I have changed is my HDD and my computer says that all the drivers for it are currently up to date.

Also when I look at HDD on my computer all I have is C: which says there is only 19Gb free of 97GB. So where is the rest of my storage? and my Factory_Image D:

Its not showing my WD HDD?

Again thanks in advance for the help! its most appreciated!

You can wipe the drive with a program like Killdisk:
Freeware Download Active@ KillDisk
Download the DOS version, and burn the .iso to make a bootable disk, boot your pc to that and follow the guide.
After you wipe the drive, you can use the Windows 7 disk you have and you can use the license key from the COA sticker on the side of your pc to activate the windows install.
It's a good idea to go to the HP web site's support and download all the necessary drivers for your pc to a usb drive or disk so you can install all your drivers right after you get windows installed

Please be aware that using Killdisk to wipe your drive will also remove your "Factory Image D:"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom