SP1? I have no idea what that is so no
I am looking through the link you gave but it is all greek to me, It just seems like there should be an update for this, ha!
My software expertiese extends nothign beyond being good at navigating the system but truly fixing things, eh. I just dont understand why it would do this its brand new, I would think paying 300$ for an OS would get me perfection but I guess I am dreaming lol!
Anyho, Heres what I found from the link. Prompting to Install the Same Updates Every Day
If you are being asked to install the same updates every day, then the catalogue that manages what updates you have installed is probably corrupt. There are a number of resolutions that you can try, in order to resolve this problem. Resolution 1
- Open "Computer Management" from within Administrative Tools in Control Panel.
- Expand the Services and Applications branch.
- In the list of services, find "Automatic Updates" (Windows XP) or "Windows Update" (Windows 7 and Vista)
- Right click on it and choose "restart". If this option isn't available, choose "Stop" and then once the service has been stopped, right click again and choose "Start".
- Stop the "Automatic Updates" service from within "Services" in "Computer Management".
- Browse to Program Files, Windows Update.
Note: If you don't see the "Windows Update" folder, then you need to turn on "Show Hidden Files and Folders". To do this click on Tools, Folder options. Then choose the "View" tab. Scroll down until you find the section "Hidden Files and Folders" and change the radio button to "Show hidden files and folders".
- Delete everything in that folder except for the folder called "V4".
- Double click on the "V4 folder".
- Delete everything in that folder except for "iuhist.xml" (you may not see the xml extension if you don't view extensions normally).
- Close the Explorer windows. If you had to enable "Show Hidden Files and Folders" then change the option back if you don't want to see them normally.
- Restart the "Automatic Updates" service.
I tried the forst resolution with no resolution. After I did it I told it to check for updates and the updates are still there, should I download and install and see if they reapear?
I get stuck on step 2 resolution 2, where is program files?