• No, I'll be sticking with Windows 7

Votes: 26 50.0%
  • No, I'll be sticking with Windows XP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I'll be sticking with Windows Vista

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • No, I'll be sticking with Mac OS!

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • No, I'll be sticking with <insert Linux distro>, tell us in the comments!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

iFargle

Linux / HPC / K8s SME
Staff member
Just as the title says... Will you be upgrading? (On your main computer only, please)

Personally, I'm going to stick with Windows 7 until I need to reformat.. Then I'll try it :tongue:

Not just no, but hell no.

If I am forced to use it for reviews I will buy a separate SSD and leave in the dustiest corner of our apartment until I need it.

I won't be putting 8 on my main laptop or desktop but I might use it on a server or home theatre pc or something.

I actually have a spare SSD so I suppose I could dual boot but I don't really see a reason to.

I will be as soon as I get some extra cash. Buying a house really takes all the funds away from life...

yep, have had it running on my main work PC for about a month now. I love it, probably one of the best new OS experiences I have had.

so far i have only read about windows 8. however, i figure if i buy a new pc before the end of the year, ill buy the cheap upgrade to windows 8. i'd still have the option to use 7 or 8. id prolly give 8 a decent shot though.

voted on the fence.

edit - i think ppl will be more apt to buy 8 when the all in one pcs become more popular among pc makers. This way users can have benefits of both a tablet and desktop pc. I'm excited to see it pan out.

Last edited:
Most everything I've read about it (whether reported in a good or bad light) I haven't liked at all. I may try a dual boot or something, but I'm on the fence about it. Win7 has been a dream for me for the most part, and 8 just looks like it's going to leave a sour taste in my mouth.

Still living with Vista right now - and when i get the money, i will buy Windows 7, not 8. I don't care if i have to pay the same price for 7 as i do 8, it just still seems like windows 7 is still the superior OS for a PC.

I'm running it right now on my laptop. Possibly keep it not sure yet.

Won't on my desktop I use mainly for work. I really use the "Recent Documents" in the start menu, and the lack of 1 list is abit harder for me to navigate work documents.

Win8 only gives the list if the program is on the bar.

I'll upgrade to Windows 8 if Microsoft gives you an option to disable the start screen and use the start menu instead.

Back
Top Bottom