Weirdest thing just happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

Druid

Fully Optimized
I was playing dow2, and all of a sudden all my running applications closed and windows shut down. It configured 3 updates and restarted. What does this mean? Could I be infected with something? I just ran a scan a day or two ago with AVG. It's vista x64 btw.

I wouldn't think so, Vista usually will have a pop up that warns it will install updates in a certain time and you can choose to delay or to install now. My guess is this box "popped up" while you were playing your game and Vista went ahead and started installing.

If you're worried about a virus you can go ahead and scan with AVG or Malwarebytes again or hit up a free online scanner. I like Panda Activescan pretty well, lately.

Yesterday was patch Tuesday. There was patches released. If you have Windows Update configured to install the patches that is what it was.

Heh, go into automatic updates and set it to only download the updates. Vista likes to just go ahead and install without asking if you dont tell it not to.

Or you can set it to tell you that updates are available and it will not download or install until you have given it permsion to download and install.

If I just set it to dl, will it stop installing them when I shut down? That is kinda convenient cause I don't even have to check to see if something was dled. It just installs when I shut down. It's kinda weird how it would always wait until I shut down, but this time it just did it while I was in the middle of something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom