upgrading to samsung 840pro128gb

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
so im finally fed up with the Corsair Nova Series 2 CSSD-V60GB2 2.5" 60GB SATA II
went and bought a 128gb samsung 840pro

is there anything i should do to optimize the system thats in my sig for this drive to perform the best

the mobo is sata3gb/s and this drive is 6gb/s backwards compatible.

windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.

to optimize it for multitasking and heavy loads of multiple windows and programs open.
i have a dual monitor setup so i have whole bunch of sht always open
its pretty much my all purpose pc that i use for anything that a laptop cant handle

so im finally fed up with the Corsair Nova Series 2 CSSD-V60GB2 2.5" 60GB SATA II
went and bought a 128gb samsung 840pro
is there anything i should do to optimize the system thats in my sig for this drive to perform the best
windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.

If you mean system wise, yes there are a few things you could do. :devil:
System Mechanic® - PC Tune-Up Software Experts – iolo Technologies
Yes system mechanic can work with ssd fragmentation and optimizing your windows system.
It will look at how you utilize your machine and work with you and windows to make it flow easier.
That and you make sure to close out unecessary programs.
I realized you think your q8400 is invincible on doing most of your work but even it will have problems under heavy fragmentation.

Check ebay and amazon for system mechanic product key for 16.00 or less.

nice thanks. I don't expect it to be invincible but im hoping to get rid of the major lag that im experiencing right now with this drive. it boots up quick and quiet but that's about all the advantage I see with this drive

I haven't reinstalled windows yet I meant during fresh windows reinstall should I adjust settings or replace drivers with ones that work better for ssd etc

im reading the article now
why do you recommend moving all the temp locations to an optical drive wouldn't it defeat the purpose of having ssd since all the programs would have to acess the slower drive for all the data they are working with?

Like I said, you don't have to do anything besides disable the pagefile. Guides like those kinda aren't relevant anymore with how SSDs have become. The best thing you can do for it is give it a fresh install and put the pagefile on another HDD.

What do you mean by "major lag"?

its over 50% full so it becomes really slow and every program lags when doing any kind of operation

especially internet explorer it freezes all the time

even on fresh install

and also one more thing my kid turns the computer off and kills my hard drives he already make 2 drives die. I block the computer and black duck tape all the buttons and lights and he found the power button anyway and keeps pushing it

its over 50% full so it becomes really slow and every program lags when doing any kind of operation

especially internet explorer it freezes all the time

even on fresh install

and also one more thing my kid turns the computer off and kills my hard drives he already make 2 drives die. I block the computer and black duck tape all the buttons and lights and he found the power button anyway and keeps pushing it
Bold could easily be caused by italic. My drive started acting like it was going to die when Windows 8 decided it wanted to go full derp mode on me and BSOD every 30 seconds to the point that the bios would not detect it under AHCI mode.

But being over 50% full doesn't mean anything to these newer drives really. The issues you're describing sounds like either something is wrong with your PC itself or the kid turning it off all the time may have damaged it. Your kid doing that can also cause lots of corrupt files which would essentially also do what you're explaining.

Disconnect the power button so you have to short the power pins with something to turn it on/off, or take the power switch out of the front of the case and put it inside of the case :p.

Back
Top Bottom