Place to download Anime Studio Debut 8? (LEGAL)

CommanderLiamTHX

In Runtime
I'm looking to do some animating on my laptop, so I went to an old disk I had of Anime Studio Debut 8. However, I can only find the Mac version, but I use Linux so it'd need to run under Wine. It had the product key though. I was wondering if the Mac product key was compatible with the Windows version of ASD8, and if it was, I was wondering if there was a place to download the program, so I could LEGALLY type my product key in and use the product. Is this possible?

EDIT: Found my Windows disk, now I just need to make it work on Linux.

Last edited:
I'm looking to do some animating on my laptop, so I went to an old disk I had of Anime Studio Debut 8. However, I can only find the Mac version, but I use Linux so it'd need to run under Wine. It had the product key though. I was wondering if the Mac product key was compatible with the Windows version of ASD8, and if it was, I was wondering if there was a place to download the program, so I could LEGALLY type my product key in and use the product. Is this possible?

EDIT: Found my Windows disk, now I just need to make it work on Linux.

Why not ask them yourself and see what they tell you, since it is meant for apple based computers only they will say no.
https://support.smithmicro.com/
Anime Studio Debut 10 Free Trial – 2D Animation Software Free Download

My Windows disk worked fine with the Mac license key after I found it. Just for future reference in case anyone else has my problem.

Care to elaborate by which windows disk or windows OS works with your mac license ?
It may work for the current os you have running but it may not be able to run on future windows os.

So the information your providing "might" be inaccurate to other members or guess visitors seeking out a legitimate solution.

Last edited:
Care to elaborate by which windows disk or windows OS works with your mac license ?
It may work for the current os you have running but it may not be able to run on future windows os.

So the information your providing "might" be inaccurate to other members or guess visitors seeking out a legitimate solution.

OP said v8 of the software in question (in the title). The OS shouldn't matter, as the software is what's validating the license, not the OS.

My Windows disk worked fine with the Mac license key after I found it. Just for future reference in case anyone else has my problem.

Honestly that's surprising.

Most software I have dealt with, keys are universal.
Windows DiabloII had a key, that same key would let it install on MAC, just an example. I don't see companies making different keys for the same software, for different OS versions. Too much of a headache to program in more seeds like that.

As far as getting a downloadable legal copy of 8 to use with your key, you will need to contact the company that creates the software for sure.

Last edited:
OP said v8 of the software in question (in the title). The OS shouldn't matter, as the software is what's validating the license, not the OS.

Honestly that's surprising.

You'd be surprised of how wrong you can be, an example is corel corporation.
Go try running corel paint shop pro X2 on windows 7 before and after sp1 and see how far you get.
Corel Product Compatibility – Windows 7

+

Corel:paintShop Pro - Patches and Updates - Corel Knowledgebase

Not all versions work with any newer windows "OS", in his particular case he got lucky.
Also he and anyone else wanting to run that version or anything newer.
They may want to visit the site for compatibility and patches for the program.

Not all old programs work with everything.

You'd be surprised of how wrong you can be, an example is corel corporation.
Go try running corel paint shop pro X2 on windows 7 before and after sp1 and see how far you get.
Corel Product Compatibility – Windows 7

+

Corel:paintShop Pro - Patches and Updates - Corel Knowledgebase

Not all versions work with any newer windows "OS", in his particular case he got lucky.
Also he and anyone else wanting to run that version or anything newer.
They may want to visit the site for compatibility and patches for the program.

Not all old programs work with everything.

Wasn't talking about the software being compatible with the OS. I re-read your post and I misunderstood what you meant, sorry. I thought you meant the OS was determining if the license for Mac could be used on Windows. But nevermind, I re-read your post.

Back
Top Bottom