Newer compter-weird ram problem BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlooRaccoon

Beta member
Hi, im a new guy. I never post in forums, i usually just do a lot of searching for people who have my problems. But, i have been searching for so long and cant find any help. I was hoping someone here might be able to help, or point me in the right direction.

I bought a custom computer off ebay about a year ago. It was good at first but slowly has given me nothing but problems. Constant random crashing/freezing, blue screens of death, programs taking forever to open if at all, games crashing. I have done so many computer tests, registry fixers and have formatted my computer a bunch of times. The problems grew more and more slightly up until i tried to install a new hard drive. Upon formatting the new hard drive i got the blue screen of death. When i tried to reboot it would just freeze right at the bios. I tried putting the old hard drive back in and testing out other hardware like the ram, cleaning it, different operating systems, nothing seemed to work. So i decided to just leave it a lone for a while. After a couple if months i had a funny dream that told me to put my 2 sticks of ram in 2 specific slots (the first and last ones) and it booted up instantly. Now after that my computer was working just like it was with all the same problems, maybe a little worse. After a while it started freezing at the bios randomly. Then every time. So i started testing out all of my ram in different spots with new ram too. Finally i got it to boot by sticking my 1gigs on the two end slots and 2 256's in the middle 2. That is the only combination that will work. Not sure if i am forgetting anything, but....If anyone can help i would extremely appreciate it.
Here are my specs

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Extreme CPU Q6850 @ 3.00GHz
Memory: (RAM) 4.50 GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT (SLI)
Motherboard: Asus P5N-E SLI......650i i think?

Link 1

Link 2

Now the blue screen just pops up for a second before restarting my computer so i had to take these pictures. Here are the two that i could get. And sorry about the huge pictures, i have never done that before. I thought it would be a thumbnail or a link =/

Cant help it. I see a BSOD Topic i am all over it. Moved to Windows as this is a driver issue not a hardware issue.

OK, i am gunna try to figure these blue screens out with those links, thank you. But does anyone know why my computer would only start up with specific ram in specific spots. Could that be related to my blue screens, or do i probably have multiple problems?

I would say that would be multiple problems. It could very well be that those RAM slots are bad or that the RAM modules themselves are bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom