Need help with Dxdiag.exe (32 vs 64-bit)

Koerby

Beta member
Hello everyone,

recently I installed Shadow of Mordor, yet I cannot play it.
Upon trying to run the program I get the message that Direct X 11 hardware is required to play.
So I went on google and did a bit of research about my graphics cards etc. pp
To sum up my research:
Even though I have a AMD Radeon 6800 HD which supports Direct X 11, it is not correctly recognized.
I went into dxdiag to find my direct X version as well as DDI-Version (said to be - as of my research - the two key components for running Direct X 11 games). Results:
32-Bit dxdiag: DirectX Version: 11 DDI-Version: 11
64-Bit dxdiag: DirectX Version: 11 DDI-Version: unknown
And I think that is where my problem is. Now researching more about this, I found out that the issue is known to few, but a real reason and fix is not.
Does anyone have any clues/fixes on how to approach this? Any way to teach my 64-Bit dxdiag that my hardware is "good enough"? The only fixes I found yet are "reinstall windows and check for every application if your DDI-Version downgrades" (the problem was DDI-Version becoming v10 from v11 after installing certain windows update(s))

Thanks for your help!
Best regards,
Koerby

Found a solution (for me at least) last night.

1) First I installed a windows hotfix for detecting the DDI version in Dxdiag. I've lost the link now but just search for it. I'm not even sure if this step is 100% necessary.
2) Since I have an AMD card, I opened Catalyst and uninstalled everything to do with AMD. Reset the computer. Installed everything again (ensuring correct 32/64bit files were selected). Reset the computer. Opened Dxdiag, waited for the diagnostics checks to run, then checked the Display tab and found DDI 11.
3)Ran the game with no issues.

Hope this helps.

Hi johnny5_1986,

would be really glad for that link.
I found a similar hotfix some days ago, but when I tried to install it I got an error saying "This hotfix does not suit your system" or something like that.
Even though it was for Windows 7 (I got Windows 7 Ultimate SP1).
Also this hotfix should help with a downgrade from 11 to 10.1 and not with DDI-Version unknown, so maybe you really found a different one?

@carnageX
Yes, I completely uninstalled all AMD software from my PC and reinstalled the latest CCC already.

Maybe someone found a different solution approach?

Back
Top Bottom