is my usb controller bad?

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
im having some funky usb issues

my mouse wold not work sometimes after restart

then I log off and back on and it works

other times I restart and it works again
or if I unplug it it works

and my card reader just disappeared from windows even after reinstalling the driver.

its a fresh windows 7 reinstall that I just did few months ago

Try doing what the person said above. Making sure your drivers are all up to date. Also is it just the mouse that is having problems? Your mouse could just be malfunctioning, might need a new one.

its up to date. I always keep the drivers updated

its kinda strange it only happends when its restarted. mouse never gave me problems
even though its an old Logitech G5 weighted mouse its been working for years lol

I have a feeling something got corrupted because the card reader disappeared at the same time.
maybe the mouse drivers got corrupted

I just updated everything
and now even my webcam don't work...
worked right before updating.

my galaxy s5 keeps telling me it cant install the MTP USB driver I already tried reinstalling it several times with different driver versions etc.
and windows update also had the drivers in it but it still didn't work I donno wtf is goin on

isn't all this supposed to be compatible I mean its almost 2015 why do I spend more time fixing all this compatibility issues and drivers when I spend so much money for all this sht to work together... this is ridiculous why cant windows get this sht figured out after so many versions. im just hella frustraded now I spend more time searching for fixes for all my gadgets than actually using them

Is it the board that's in your sig?

Have you tried updating BIOS?

Tried contacting Gigabyte for an RMA/repair quote?

Is it possible that a defective card reader can somehow corrupt the drivers or just break the controller?

I have that dinky rosewill card reader with upside down card slots that has about 40% failure rate. mine been working on and off for like 10 years but I don't know how to really trace it. the problems are kinda randon

It's very possible. Have you tried unplugging it and see if you still have issues?

yea its been unplugged few times since I owned it but no effect.
its very random.
last week the card reader wasn't working
this week the phone couldn't connect and its orking again
the webcam suddenly did not connect today and just randomly does that sometimes
mouse acts same way just randomly not connect and I unplug and plug it back in it works fine I just have no clue where to look for a problem im way outdated on this stuff

Back
Top Bottom