Multiple sound outputs

Gabis1207

Awkward moment when...
I currently have two output devices for audio, a flatscreen television, and a wireless headset. From what I understand, (In windows 7, and 8.1) there is no way to change which output device a program will send audio to once it has selected a device.

Is there a way to change the output device after a program (TES IV Oblivion, for example) has been started?

If not, is there a program that I can download that will allow me to do that, and is that program free?

Thanks in advance.

I have, but I'm one of those people who like to go from headset to speakers, and vice versa, quite often.

Alright. I guess I'll have to pin that to my taskbar.

Thanks again Mguire.
You've been so helpful, and I can only thank you once.

I oughtta send you an Amazon card or something.

What I'm here for. Although if somebody knows of a program that I can program a hotkey to please speak up. I've been having to manually switch since I made my way to 7 beta.

Maybe look into AutoHotKey? See if there's a premade script or one you can do yourself.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

AHK didn't do what I wanted it to.

The idea was to just plug something in and go, not spend all weekend figuring out how to script for it.

The only thing that might have been useful would be a .bat file, but go figure, CMD doesn't have a script to change the default audio device.
Damn...

AHK didn't do what I wanted it to.

The idea was to just plug something in and go, not spend all weekend figuring out how to script for it.

The only thing that might have been useful would be a .bat file, but go figure, CMD doesn't have a script to change the default audio device.
Damn...

That's ironic... you say you don't want to script it, yet you say you would make a batch file for it :p. I'll look into it when I'm not on my tablet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom