LAN is acting wonky

Dalinkwent726

Baseband Member
Hey all, been a while since I've had a question on here but I'm back again =)

I was watching a Youtube video about 20 minutes ago and my connection started to screw up, the video wasn't loading properly and eventually it just stopped. I checked my network and sharing center to find out that I wasn't connected to the internet at all, now I'm on a LAN not wireless so I found this disheartening. I checked some things and found that I really couldn't get anything working, so I just rebooted, which worked for about 10 minutes then the internet gave out again. I also reset my router to no avail.

I've checked my other devices (phone, laptop, etc) and they worked fine, I also hard wired my laptop into the router using the same Ethernet cable just to rule out the cable being faulty, which it wasn't.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks =)

Have you tried deleting the driver and installing the latest one from the ASRock website?

Welp, I did that and it seems to work. I tried really busting the internet's butt by having Netflix, Twitch and 4 Youtube videos open for a bit and they all played fine without issue so the problem seems to be fixed. Another question though: I already had that driver installed, since I'm using a Z77 board ASRock hasn't updated drivers since early 2013, so what would cause the driver to suddenly stop working? Windows did just have a 12 part update, could that have caused a compatibility issue?

Hey, I'm not sure if you're still watching this post but my internet is acting up again. It works when it wants and when it doesn't work I have to physically unplug the cable from the router and plug it back in to the same port (which is the only port that will work BTW). Even when it's working the internet crawls, like dial-up crawl, it takes almost 10 seconds just to load the Bing homepage and Youtube videos play at 144p and will still buffer. Is there some sort of test I can run to give you some information? Maybe there is something going on behind the scenes that I'm unaware of? Thanks if you can.

Oh and I ran virus scan/MBAM scan for both drives and I did have some malware but removing them didn't fix the problem and the virus scan turned up zilch.

Back
Top Bottom