I accidentally reformatted document drive. Need help recovering files

EricB

Chillin Techie
I accidentally reformatted the document drive on a customer computer. I right click the drive and selected format. I meant to do so on another drive

I need software to recover her files. Most of my old recovery software software don't work on windows 7. They were for xp

Recover my files is crashing for some reason and Ontrack easy recovery disappears when I hit save the results

Help please

I have the full version, but if recuva won't pull a lot, the try this one:

Data Recovery Software, Solutions, Tutorials, Forum - ZAR Data Recovery

Zero Assumption Recovery has served me well more than once in the very same instance... If you download it, it will tell you the restrictions of the trial version vs. the full.

I also have Recuva as well, so I'm not knocking it, it's just that in my case, it did not fare so well in the recovery process. But for a basic single format, it should work fine.

Have you got your files back?
In fact, in my experiences, after formatting or reformatting, you'd better not write anything new on this drive, in order to recover the original files. So, I hope you have not done that.
As to the lost files, you do need some drive data recovery tools like Recuva, iCare Data Recovery Free and 4Card Recovery, etc.
No matter which one you choose to use, you'd better act carefully and scan your drive more times to restore much more data back.
In the future, you should never format a hard drive without data backups again.

I didn't get it back. I accidentally delete the doc partition not the OS one

Back
Top Bottom