how to allocate or tansfer between 2 drive?

rega83

Solid State Member
i have 2 drives in my computer ,,drive C=100 GB,,drive D=500 GB,,i want transfer 200 GB from drive D to drive C,,so how can i do it?

Well, firstly, are you saying the max size of these drives are 100gb and 500gb? If that's the case, it's impossible without heavy compression. Or is that just the free space?

its clear what i wrote,,,i want allocate 200 gb from drive d to drive c because drive c will be full soon so i want add some memory for drive c,

Okay, it's still not clear what you're asking. No need to be rude.

I assume you're trying to say is you want to add space to drive C from drive A, not transfer files, right? Would have been helpful if you told us they were the same drive, I assumed they were different hard drives since you didn't specify.

Only way to do that would be to edit the partition sizes then, which is difficult to do while you still have data on them. Normally I would recommend GParted, but I can't remember if it allows you to resize without jeopardizing data. EASEUS Partition Master claims it can do it, but I have no experience using that software.

Okay, it's still not clear what you're asking. No need to be rude.

I assume you're trying to say is you want to add space to drive C from drive A, not transfer files, right? Would have been helpful if you told us they were the same drive, I assumed they were different hard drives since you didn't specify.

Only way to do that would be to edit the partition sizes then, which is difficult to do while you still have data on them. Normally I would recommend GParted, but I can't remember if it allows you to resize without jeopardizing data. EASEUS Partition Master claims it can do it, but I have no experience using that software.

Yes, it does. It runs a chkdsk on the drive before and after partitioning.

You know, we could tell you if it was impossible if you'd just explain what exactly you are trying to do. I took some guesses, but you still weren't clear at all.

If you're trying to transfer files from one hard drive to another and those are the sizes they are, yes it's about impossible without major compression.

If you have one hard drive with different partitions and you want more space available on the C partition, then that is definitely not impossible.

not transfer files,,i mean resize drive c because of driver d,,its not transfer its resize,,its clear

Yeah, you really weren't. But whatever at this point.

Go on thinking it's impossible, we already gave you ways of accomplishing what you're trying to do.

Back
Top Bottom