Help Required: Windows 7 sysprep/imaging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meadhands

Beta member
I've been all up and down the Internet trying to find a solution to this problem, but there seem to be very few good sites for getting help that are in English. Hopefully someone here can help?

I've been creating an image of Windows. The image worked fine initially, but now I've been getting all sorts of problems. Weird problems. Like some images come with the graphics card disabled, or some have offline files disabled in Sync Center, or the theme is set to classic style, making it look like windows 98, or Internet Explorer isn't installed, and so on and so forth.

Is there any solutions anyone can suggest?

Note: I would just create a new image, but I've been having trouble with that as well. That would be for another post sometime.

@MaK213
Sorry, I must have phrased that poorly.

I've created an image that already works. My company is using it as we speak (type?) to deploy computers to new users and overwrite old ones to return to storage. But now that once-trusty image is giving the odd errors listed in my first post.

And now not only is that image screwing up, but any further images I attempt to create are failing despite using the same unattend file during sysprep that the original used. So I seem to have an image that corrupts in random ways, even when I am using the backup of it I created the moment I ascertained that it worked, as opposed to the fallible or corruptable versions I had on my flash drives (which also branched from that original file).

Any clues? The only thing I can think of is some stealth update that is screwing everything up, but I don't see why that would effect the image I already created.

Addendum: Oh, and I didn't blow off your comment. I looked at the links, but I didn't see anything that leapt out immediately as useful. I'm still going over it a bit slower, but so far it doesn't seem hopeful.

Well you already know the answer. You have to create a new image. If the image is messing up and your getting corruption creating more images your only solution is to get a brand new image done.

I was hoping for a different answer, but I suppose that is all that can be done. I wish I knew why the file is borked, but what can you do?

Thank you for the assistance.

There isnt going to be any other answer. If a file gets corrupted or the image gets corrupted there is nothing that can be done but make a new image. Sorry but that is the only thing that can be said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom