fast internet but slow webpages

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
so i thought the problem was with IE
and i cleaned up the system alot in last few weeks.
ran about 5 different scanners and optimizers etc
even reinstalled IE and got all updates etc and firefox

got a hold of netgear and they told me to ping the non workign webpages through dos prompt.
i got no responce at all on any webpages

so they thought it was bad router but im not sure

then got a hold of comcast right after that and the guy said something about resync(ing) the router to their server.
as soon as he did that my internet was like brand new. everything was instant loading even facebook( which usually takes forever)

now 4 days later it was back to slow ass webpages but speed tests shows full 50mbps internet speed

so i call comcast again and he said hes gonna slowly sync up the modem to their server again.
whatever that means.

so again my internet worked for few hours and now is back to snail pace webpage loading.

i would suspect my pc again but my cellphone is doing same thing.

it doesnt load facebook pictures at all through wifi. as soon as i switch to mobile network it loads great.

its a 4 month old netgear n600 c3700-100nas modem/router dual band 2.5/5ghz with all the latest bells and whistles.
it should be having no problem with my galaxy s5 and pc as all of my components are less than a year old

i ran everything i can think of and still have no webpage loading
the comcast guy said i should have no more problems after this but i it is back only few hours later

the upstream levels are
1 QAM256 579000000 Hz 13.9 dBmV 39.6 dB 0 0
2 QAM256 555000000 Hz 14 dBmV 39.4 dB 0 0
3 QAM256 561000000 Hz 14 dBmV 39.4 dB 0 0
4 QAM256 567000000 Hz 14.1 dBmV 39.9 dB 0 0
5 QAM256 573000000 Hz 14.4 dBmV 39.7 dB 0 0
6 QAM256 585000000 Hz 13.9 dBmV 39.7 dB 0 0
7 QAM256 591000000 Hz 14 dBmV 39.7 dB 0 0
8 QAM256 597000000 Hz 13.7 dBmV 39.7 dB 2 0

downstream levels

1 ATDMA 5120 Ksym/sec 30100000 Hz 31.9 dBmV
2 ATDMA 5120 Ksym/sec 36500000 Hz 31.9 dBmV
3 ATDMA 2560 Ksym/sec 18900000 Hz 33.5 dBmV
4 ATDMA 5120 Ksym/sec 23700000 Hz 28.4 dBmV

cumcast tech said that each modem has different level requirements but didnt tell me for this model and i cant find them anywhere on the webs

and i see the SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire FEC framing
when i look through the logs

What version of IE are you using?
I ask because IE 8 is no longer supported on many web sites and you'll need to get IE 11
ran about 5 different scanners and optimizers etc
optimizers? that's usually not good because most of those optimizers are crap that do more harm than good

If Netgear told you it's your router/modem and it's only 4 mo. old,....then get an RMA number from Netgear and replace it

Last edited:
Unplug both your modem/router from power for 30 seconds or so. Plug your modem in, and wait until all the proper lights are on to indicate it's fully booted. Then plug in your router and wait until it's fully booted as well. See if that fixes your issue.

If it does fix it, and happens again then just try power cycling your router (unplug, plug back in). If it fixes it...then you know it's the router. If not, then power cycle your modem and see if it fixes it. If it does...then you know it's the modem and it should get replaced.

All Comcast is probably doing really is just rebooting your modem remotely. Did you notice the lights turn off or flash at all when the rep "resynced" it?

yea i rebooted the unit about 5times and factory reset 3 times. it has no effect on anything
im using IE11 with all updates and at this point id say its not my computer because cellphone does exactly same at exactly same times.

anyone see anything wrong with my signal levels?

from what i could gather my downstream levels are slightly high and upstream levels are a bit low can anyone confirm that?
i had issue like this before with older modem they did some work and my signal level skyrocketed. tech put a 6 db limiter on the cable line and fixed the problem.
but they didnt do any work on the distribution block here that theymentioned when i ask them.

If the modem you have is one supplied by your ISP, then call them up to get it replaced. That'll be the easiest course of action.

no i own the modem and its been almost a week since netgear told me they will send an email with instructions so meanwhile im trying to check for more stuff

Back
Top Bottom