Dual Booting

umaidshahid

Beta member
hello guys
i am new to this forum and its my first post
the thing is, i have a hp pavilion 15 laptop
now i was always a fan of windows XP and would remain a fan. i want to dual boot my laptop with XP and 7. i am currently running 7 and want XP alongside
i created a partition for XP with 7 disk manager
the number of partitions had exceeded so i converted my disk to dynamic
i put in a win XP 2007 CD and went into the boot menu
when the XP setup loads all its drivers and files on the BLUE screen a liscence agreement comes up
when i press agree or even before that an error pops up
something like x78000000B or something
i really want a fix to that
Thanks in Advance!
Umaid Shahid

It's a huuuuuuuuuge security risk running XP these days. Are you sure you want to?
Second, XP Home Edition doesn't have support for dynamic disk partitions. You'll have to wipe the drive clean before you install XP.

Also I've never heard of Windows XP 2007 :tongue:

If you have Win7 Pro or above, you can download XP Mode from Microsoft and run XP in a Virtual PC VM.

what the security issue?
wont antivirus's work? or is it some other kind of security issue

Because XP is no longer supported by Microsoft for security updates. Any security vulnerabilities found in Windows will not be patched for XP systems unless you're a business with an extended contract with MS.

Why would you want to use XP nowadays anyway - it's a 13 year old OS :S? Win7 is tons better - and with Win10 around the corner, there's that to look forward to. The only reason I'd see you "needing" XP is if you have software that has literally no compatibility with Win7 (this is the main reason why businesses stayed on XP for so long).

so in another window, would i be seeing a total win XP interface like with all the taskbar and window and all?

so in another window, would i be seeing a total win XP interface like with all the taskbar and window and all?
yup....
providing you meet the requirements to run XP in a VM enviroment
In order to use Windows XP Mode, you need to make sure your computer meets certain system requirements, otherwise Windows Virtual PC and Windows XP Mode won't work correctly, even though you might be able to download and install them. Before you begin, follow these steps:
Install and use Windows XP Mode in Windows 7

Back
Top Bottom