downgrade from 8.1?

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
my wife is looking for a new laptop. which of course, most now come with 8.1 preinstalled. i read some place (i can not find the article again) about at least one person downgrading back to windows 7. the article also mentioned that it was part of his windows 8 package. are all versions of windows 8 able to go backwards to 7 without buying a new o.s.? if so, what do you use for a product id code? the win 8 code that came with the computer?

thanks. that means that most consumer level products will be stuck with 8 unless we want to spend $$$. if she gets one, we will probably try to get by until windows X is released. then buy that. which should be better system. Microsoft sure has a speckled past with o.s. designs. seems like they only get one out of every 3 or 4 right.

Is there a reason you want to downgrade?
I'm not a fan of the Metro UI however it doesn't come in my way.
I log in to the desktop and have the start button working just like 7.
I sometimes forget that I even have Windows 8.
I'm using this on a desktop if you're wondering and so far I haven't had any issues using this.

thanks. that means that most consumer level products will be stuck with 8 unless we want to spend $$$. if she gets one, we will probably try to get by until windows X is released. then buy that. which should be better system. Microsoft sure has a speckled past with o.s. designs. seems like they only get one out of every 3 or 4 right.
Next year, Windows is supposed to offer Windows 10 for free if you already have windows 8.
There are choices of several software's out there that add a windows 7 type of button and feel. Windows shell is free and Start is Back is another, I think it's $5 for that one. There are more but I can't think of the names right now

Next year, Windows is supposed to offer Windows 10 for free if you already have windows 8.
There are choices of several software's out there that add a windows 7 type of button and feel. Windows shell is free and Start is Back is another, I think it's $5 for that one. There are more but I can't think of the names right now

This is the one I use and it's free.
http://www.iobit.com/iobitstartmenu8.php

iobit could have stole that program too.
I personally do not like iobit. They stole from Malwarebytes and were passing it off as one of their own software programs until Malwarebytes caught iobit red handed. It's a despicable Chinese software company that I'll have nothing to do with.

I personally do not like iobit. They stole from Malwarebytes and were passing it off as one of their own software programs until Malwarebytes caught iobit red handed. It's a despicable Chinese software company that I'll have nothing to do with

Didn't know that.
I used to always recommend their software until they tried sneaking a lot of free stuff.
Windows 8 start bar is simple though

what i have noticed with iobit is they find a way to sneak more and more of their products into your system, i think via "updates". i hope they have not found a way into my computer without my knowledge.

what i have noticed with iobit is they find a way to sneak more and more of their products into your system, i think via "updates". i hope they have not found a way into my computer without my knowledge.

Just another good reason to avoid them totally ;).

Back
Top Bottom