Does the software exist?

SharonMurray

Beta member
Hi there, I am new to this forum, and have a question that I am hoping someone out there can answer for me.

This is what I want to do: I want to be able to display an image of an old map of the town where I used to live. I want to be able to click on parts of the map and for pop-ups to appear showing one or moe images f the houses, streets etc in that area. Think of how a pop up box opens up when you click on a pin in Google maps, and you'll get the idea, but I can't use the current maps in google maps, because my map is historic, and many of the streets no longer exist.

It sounds a bit like imagemapping or geocoding, but I don't want to leave my map image and open another page in a browser (although I would like to display my old map in a browser), and my 'map' is only an image so I can't use geocoding.

The thing is, I'm looking for a piece of software that I can use to do this, unless writing some code myself would be incredibly easy, as I don't want to get into programming/coding if I can help it.

So, does anyone know if this can be done and if there is any software out there that I can use to do it?

Many thanks,
Sharon.

Back
Top Bottom