Difference Between 32 Bit (x86) and 64 Bit (x64)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No i am not humiliated. I have to learn this stuff just like everyone else. In fact i am glad that someone FINALLY was able to show me something that i can use. I HAVE done research. I HAVE gone through Google, Bing, Yahoo, Lycos, Ask and more. I found nothing like this. I am glad that someone was finally able to produce to me something that i can use and test on my own.

But also at the same time, the link given was only posted in Jan 2009 and edited in Aug 2009. If you read, this was created March of 2008 and only edited in Jan 2009 to add info about the upgrading path. The linked article was written up almost a full year later. So yes this information is in need of some updating. Maybe instead of presenting it in the manner that it was, trying to show that the information provided was wrong, we could have gotten the link and information first? This topic is over a year old. At the time it was written up, there was no information like what was presented. So yes there was new found information. I dont have the time and ability to check everything and update it daily.

But simply put PAE is a ugly thing. It even states as much in the article linked. Plus with the wide availability of 64 Bit CPU's and 64 Bit OS's out there, it is just as silly to use PAE as it is to dismiss 64 Bit OS's.

So thank you Binary.Side for this information. I will read up on it and make adjustments and exceptions to the information provided in the first post.

But simply put, ignorance is one thing. The honest ability to use PAE is another. People dont know enough about PC's and only use them for Internet, Facebook and Twitter. They dont need to know about things like PAE cause it would be more trouble than good. 95% of the population is average users. The other 5% is the enthusiasts.

Thank you again for the information and i will read it and make adjustments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom