Cannot access live.com

luke127

The Ghost
Guys I have a rather odd situation going on, and it's beginning to frustrate me. I cannot get into live.com at all. All I see is a blank white screen. I've had to change my DNS server from my default ISP ones, because the ISP DNS servers don't even open facebook or battlelog correctly, which isn't good.

Everything else works fine, it's just live.com that refuses to load. I've ruled out malware, as MBAM has run 2 full scans on this pc and came up with zilch. (Secondly it's a brand new gaming pc, less than a month old or just over lol)

If you change your DNS settings back to default, do they work then?
What DNS servers are you currently using?

Tried a different browser?

Tried a different browser, all have the same problem. Currently using Googles Public DNS servers:

Primary/Secondary

If I switch back to default DNS, loads of websites don't work. Facebook, Twitter, etc etc. Apparantly has something to do with Telstra renting out new servers to Optus but I'm not positive that that's the cause of my problems since it's only affecting this pc, and mums PC uses the same DNS servers as mine.

Umm, that depends. www.live.com is always pingable. However login.live.com always gives request timed out. I am trying to figure out why.

It never connects however, via URL or IPA.

Just found another website it's refusing to open. PC Case Gear is also being affected by this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom