Can't recover my data from backup file

patrooo

Solid State Member
I searched a lot here to get a right place to post this, but NO!
Here I go:
Some of my important files have been deleted (accidentally) deleted by me last week. But I instantly recovered them from my backup file. But yesterday when I was trying to open my those which I recovered from my backup I couldn't open them. Then again I tried to recover them from backup. But this time I couldn't open my backup file. What's going on here? :Deskflip:
Is my backup corrupted or what? Please help. Those files are very important for me which I can get only from this backup file.

Please, nobody suggest me to recover my backup file from backup as nobody creates backup for backup. And same here, I haven't created any backup for my backup file. Please help!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Try using some recovery software such as Recuva. If you've saved a bunch of stuff since you've deleted the files, however, then there's less of a chance of the files being recovered.

Where did you store your backup files? And like MoM asked, what software did you use to back them up? Or did you just copy/paste them somewhere?

I used NT-backup utility on my Windows 7. I downloaded the EXE from internet. I heard about Recuva is not safe in recovery. It could affect my data. Am I right or it's just a myth?

You could also download a copy of Hirens Boot Disk from http://www.hirensbootcd.org/files/Hirens.BootCD.15.1.zip
You can either burn the ISO to a disk or mount it as a virtual drive.
While running windows you can open the HBCD menu and under recovery tools go to "Get data back for NTFS" Everything from here on is pretty self explanatory and easy but I've used this multiple times to recover deleted data and have never had any problems, but i would recover the data to external media suck as external HDD or Flash Drive.

HBCD also has a number of other very useful applications that come in handy.
http://www.hirensbootcd.org/files/Hirens.BootCD.15.1.zip

Just a myth. I have used Recurva before. It got me my whole documents back! I definitely recommend it. Also NT?? As in a program designed for Windows NT?? If your using that on windows 7 no wonder!

Well, about Recuva I wanna disclose one thing: once I recovered my ODT files by it and I got my recovered output (blank pages) nothing. But as it is a freeware you must try it. May be it could be the same thing what you are looking for!
Good luck.
:Haters:

You can read this article. I read it a month before. Quite informative. :D

By the way is there any manual solution to fix corrupt backup file? I need if there is any. I never faced such a situation, but who knows further!

Which stars you guys are talking about? I can't see anything like star under your post or anywhere!

Well, about Recuva I wanna disclose one thing: once I recovered my ODT files by it and I got my recovered output (blank pages) nothing. But as it is a freeware you must try it. May be it could be the same thing what you are looking for!
Good luck.
:Haters:
I've also heard the same thing about Recuva...! But I never used it as I never faced such a situation. Let's see does Recuva do something or it just wastes..........!

Ahaann! Recuva is nothing, just wasted my time on it. It didn't do anything.
How dares it saying that there is nothing inside the file! :Deskflip:
But thanks to mom_of2children linking me that article. Recuva said that there is nothing inside the file and the application mentioned in the above article showed me the preview of my files (those which were small in size). What's going on here? :SeriouslyChan:

You can read this article. I read it a month before. Quite informative
I'm really thankful that you shared this article. Nice one. Though its demo version showed me the preview of my files but I'm still in doubt that after purchasing it if it wouldn't do what I need!

Ahaann! Recuva is nothing, just wasted my time on it. It didn't do anything.
How dares it saying that there is nothing inside the file! :Deskflip:
But thanks to mom_of2children linking me that article. Recuva said that there is nothing inside the file and the application mentioned in the above article showed me the preview of my files (those which were small in size). What's going on here? :SeriouslyChan:
See I told you....
And there's nothing wrong. You used its demo, right? As it showed you the preview of some files that means it can repair your corrupt backup file.
:ISee:

See I told you....
And there's nothing wrong. You used its demo, right? As it showed you the preview of some files that means it can repair your corrupt backup file.
:ISee:
You were absolutely right. It repaired my corrupt backup file. Now as my backup file is repaired I can restore my data from it. And thanks to SysInfoTools BKF Recovery who made it possible.
:TrueStory:

I have two issues with this forum: first, How do all replies of mine get combined in one post? And second, I can't add reputation on others users but I can see the reputation button on my post. I'm not gonna add any reputation on me myself. What's all that?

Back
Top Bottom