Anyone can help me with this?

MMyers

Baseband Member
For the last couple of days I have been getting this pop up and have not been able to fix it anyone have any ideas. I can't find anything.

Thanks

There was a problem starting
C:\User\myname~1\AppData\\Local\Plato~1\Updater.dl l
The specified module could not be found

Problems of this nature tend to be caused by malware of one kind or another. If you have not already, I would highly recommend running a scan (malware and virus), additionally I believe it would be beneficial to run a scan with a program called Hijackthis. A quick Google search will provide a link for download. From there, you can paste your results to hijackthis.de and you will be given a formatted version of your results with a detailed analysis of each entry.

From my experience, the steps above should more than likely solve your problem. In the event your problem persists, please take a screen-shot of the pop-up (Prt Scr button) and if you could provide more information (operating system, browser being used, and under what conditions doe sthe popup present itself)

Wish you the best of luck with resolving this matter mate. Take comfort in knowing generally speaking, we have all been in your situation and have come out the other side pop-up free. - Rube

First delete that file. Next run MBAM on your system.

Just in case that was a typing error in the path name and it should have been "playto~1"

Have you got any software installed on your computer called platypus ?
if so try uninstalling the software, restart your computer and see if the issue has gone
If you have removed the software already then go into msconfig and see if the updater.dll file is listed in the startup section, if it is just untick it, restart the computer, then manually delete the updater.dll file and/or the folder "plato~1"

You could also try using a tool such as hijackthis and it might highlight an issue with a registry entry for that .dll file and give you the option to fix the problem

Back
Top Bottom